Media buying and planning is one of the most important facets for a business today when it comes to promoting itself or a brand under them. Simply put down, it consists of the following 5 steps which will help one lay down a firm business advertisement strategy and successfully promote a brand or a product within a specified budget.
- Finding the right market to target: Knowing who your target audience is of vital importance. Just blindly creating a media strategy will make no sense unless you know who you want to target.
- Market Research: This research one can do with research and statistics that are currently available or one can take the trouble and do their own which is often more beneficial for them and well as for the project at hand. Here is where one needs to figure out the various routes that one chooses with the budget in mind and iron out all the problems before dishing out a plan to work with.
- Set your goals: Now that the brainstorming is over; it is time to set your goals and contact buyers and sellers, confronting them on whether if chosen – how, when and why will their outlet work – whilst keeping in mind your target or objective.
- Laying down the plan: This is the culmination of all the previous tasks and every step here should be taken with care although everything has already been set in place. Here is also where you check as to what benefits one can get through a particular outlet apart from the objectives set in the beginning.
- Execution of the plan: Contacting media outlets and pushing forward the plan ‘for real’ in an organized manner as jotted down earlier. Every item on the list needs to be checked twice because once executed there is no turning back.
Media buying and media planning sounds complicated and chaotic; if well planned and more importantly well executed by experienced professionals they – can reach and exceed targeted objectives – helping businesses save up and utilize their resources in the right manner. Online media buying and planning is all about buying and selling of digital media – online. This is done by researching and then contacting which ad spaces are the best for the project at hand and then setting the campaign live on websites while trafficking the number of Impressions and calculating the CTR of the same. The objectives for both offline and online advertisement strategies are often the same but with different elements at the far end.